Tuesday 3 June 2014

Lioness oil painting progress update

After completing the underpainting in Alkyds last week for this little lion painting,this week ive made a start on the detail coat using traditional oils.I'm trying to speed up my oil paintings as I feel that hesitancy with the medium and its slow drying nature combine to prohibit me from producing a bigger body of work each year. Whilst I am naturally drawn to detail I am also trying to be a bit bolder with brushstrokes and concentrate a little more on lighting and colour to produce a pleasing image,something which I still find quite tough.i'm working from top to bottom in this painting overlaying the alkyds with the more bulky traditional oils whilst trying not to get carried away in portraying every hair.i hope progress will be swift and a finished painting will not be too far away.

No comments: