Friday 27 June 2014

Into the night 11" x 10" pencil

I have a couple of outstanding pencil commissions that I will be making a start on shortly and I decided that as ive been concentrating on oils for some time I needed to take time out to re-aquaint myself with the medium.This piece is the result and encompasses all the different techniques I use for applying graphite,direct application with the pencil,layering graphite,blending using tortillons and blending stumps and finally applying graphite using the tortillons and stumps rather than the pencil itself.ive entitled it 'Into the night' as the subject,a Barn owl at twilight launches itself on a hunting mission.further details of this and other available drawings and paintings can be found on my website www.clivemeredithart.weebly.cm

No comments: