Friday 14 February 2014

Sukhothai ancient thai capital






having spent a wonderful few days in Khon Kaen province of north-east Thailand I moved via the mountainous district of pechabun to Sukhothai city which is one of the original ancient thai capital cities.my brother-in-law resides here on the edge of the world famous sukhothai historical park and so I stayed here for several days and these photos show some of the ancient ruined city and temples of Sukhothai.I'm now on the last leg of my journey in Thailand to my wifes hometown of Phichit in central Thailand one of the main rice-growing areas of the country.the heat here is fierce but water plentiful as several large rivers feed the area resulting in wonderful landscapes of lush green paddyfields full of waterbirds.I will post some more images soon. 

No comments: