Saturday 19 October 2013

Young Leopard drawing progression

The obvious difference between this image and my last update is the completion of the cats eye's.often when working in graphite I leave the subjects eye's until last as the sort of 'icing on the cake' at the end of the process and watch it come to life but in this case the engaging stare of the leopard is the key to the drawing and so I opted to complete them earlier than my norm in order to judge the effectiveness of there gaze.i have to admit that I was very pleased and very aware of the way they stare at me as i'm trying to complete the rest of the drawing,so job done I guess!.still a fair way to go and i'm working on the right side of the cats face at the moment,i can already see areas that will require some minor adjustments but thus far all's good.

No comments: