Tuesday 31 January 2012

Black Leopard 17.5" x 16" oil on board

My Black leopard painting is now completed and this is the best photo ive managed to take of the painting in the studio.I 'oiled out' the painting once it had dried to even out the overall shine on the piece as several of the darker areas had dried a little dull as is often the way with oils.It's now drying in a corner of the studio before going off for scanning.This piece has been quite a challenge for me and is my largest oil painting to date although i'm aware that in oil painting terms it's still a small piece.

2 comments:

Sarah Salisbury said...

Clive you've done a beautiful job with this painting! I'm looking forward to seeing more!

Unknown said...

thankyou very much Sarah,it's so nice to recieve comments after putting your heart and soul into a piece.i have several more pieces on the go at the moment and hope to be posting progress soon