Thursday 3 February 2011

re-vamping of a drawing


This image entitled 'Bull Asian Elephant' was completed a couple of years ago now but hasn't really gleaned a lot of interest and so ive decided to give it a little re-vamp.This could turn out to be a complete disaster if it goes wrong however i'm going to attempt to transform it from a study style piece into a piece where the elephant is back where i first observed it.In this case it was on the Thai/burmese border on a riverbank in front of a series of waterfalls set deep within the forests.There isn't much room on the paper to describe the scene but i'll attempt to get it into context and hopefully this will add that element thats currently missing from the piece and with a bit of luck attract a buyer.

3 comments:

Melissa@Little Log House Chronicles said...

I think it is great. I love the simplicity of the white, plain background.
I look forward to see whatever you work on next.
Thanks for sharing your work, it's really wonderful.

Unknown said...

thankyou melissa although it wont be staying white for long:-)

Karen Kyle Ericson said...

I've always loved elephants, such an interesting animal. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with! The photographer side of me likes the idea of showing the environment. lol wonder what my drawings will come out like once I get back into it.