Monday 9 February 2009

Nature in art























Looking back at my residency at nature in art which ended yesterday i was disappointed by the number of people who came to see me and my work,however this has to be tempered by the fact that throughout my stay the whole area was hit by the worst snowfall and winter storms in 18 years making the few who managed to reach us in the gloucestershire countryside very hardy souls indeed!.
The hospitality extended to me by everyone at nature in art was much appreciated especially the hot teas sent out to the studio to keep me going and keep my hands warm!.
The photo's are of wallsworth hall which houses the collection of art known collectively as nature in art.The art studio provided for artists in residence is to be found set in the old walled gardens to the side of the hall amidst a large collection of nature inspired sculptures dotted throughout the gardens.

No comments: